The EEU Family Support Program is designed to support parents and caregivers as they navigate the challenging and rewarding journey of raising young children. Through the Family Support Program, we’re pleased to offer the following variety of services, programs, and resources to all families at the EEU. Services in this program are directed toward the needs of caregivers, covering a variety of focuses.
Individual Transition Support and Consultation
- We know that certain life events, such as learning your child has a developmental delay, specific diagnosis or is transitioning from one program to another, can leave families with unanswered questions and uncertainty. We provide the information, resources, and support that families need to navigate these events successfully.
- Designed to help families make transitions into and out of EEU programs with confidence, they meet individually with the Family Support Coordinator to discuss their questions, need for support, or to identify potential resources. Meetings can be one time, or ongoing, depending on the needs of the family.
- One of the goals of the Family Support Program is to provide families in the EEU community with the resources and the materials necessary to make informed decisions about their children’s education and wellbeing.
- At the EEU, the FSP provides a Family Resource Room, where families can go for a quiet space to:
- Review books and other resources on child development.
- Meet with other parents or admin.
- Pamphlets and other materials from local community services
- These groups are an opportunity for caregivers of EEU students to meet, connect and share with each other in an informal, supportive environment. These groups typically meet bi-monthly and are offered at a variety of times.
- Family education opportunities at the Haring Center, provided by FSP, include the Incredible Years parenting program as well as special topics talks featuring guest speakers and local resources.
If you have questions or would like more information about the EEU Family Support Program or these individual services, please feel free to email email@example.com or contact these Haring Center staff members:
- (206) 221-8414
Susan Ramage, RN, MN
- (206) 221-3364
- (206) 221-2910
Chris Matsumoto, EEU Principal
Ryther Services at the EEU
The EEU and Ryther Center for Children and Youth have a collaborative relationship that allows Ryther therapists to provide some services to children and families attending the EEU on site. More more information click here.