Preschool Admissions Overview
CLICK HERE to download a visual flowchart of the application process for SPP or ECEAP. These flowcharts describe the difference in process for children receiving general education services only and children receiving special education services.
All children must be 3 years old by August 31st for general education spots
in any of the programs below: SPP and ECEAP.
Seattle Preschool Program Enrollment – Full Day
All families interested in having their child attend the EEU Seattle Preschool Program (SPP) for General Education must complete an SPP application through the EEU. Applications submitted through the SPP website will NOT be considered. Children are selected via a lottery and priority is given to children who are currently enrolled, children who have a sibling at the EEU and children of EEU staff.
All students in the SPP classrooms will need to pay tuition rates according to a sliding scale based on family size and income. Payments are due monthly to SPP.
Families who are interested can contact Travis Sherer (email@example.com) to complete the SPP Application or click the link below (EEU General Education Preschool Application) to submit an online application.
ECEAP (Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program) Enrollment – Full Day
All families interested in having their child attend the EEU Early Childhood Education and Assistance Program (ECEAP) must meet the income requirements for ECEAP. Children are given priority based on ECEAP requirements.
Families who are interested can contact Carolyn Cottam (firstname.lastname@example.org) to receive paperwork or click the link below (EEU General Education Preschool Application) to submit an online application.
(for SPP and ECEAP)
If your student is currently enrolled in preschool and will be returning for the 2024-25 school year, we will be contacting you in the spring of 2024 to confirm your return to preschool.
2024-2025 SCHOOL YEAR
We are now accepting applications for the 2024-25 school year. Applications will be open until March 1, 2024. Click here to apply.
Seattle Public Schools contracts with the Experimental Education Unit (EEU) at University of Washington for a limited number of special education seats to provide SPP Plus Preschool and Kindergarten Special Education Services.
Who is eligible to apply for EEU?
SPP Plus Preschool at the EEU
- Seattle Public Schools preschool students who turn 3 years old and who have or will have a completed Individualized Education Program (IEP) by May 31st are eligible to apply for preschool assignment at the EEU. EEU seats are designated for students requiring a special education program placement in Developmental Preschool or SPP Plus, per their IEP.
- Enrollment in EEU preschool is determined by lottery. All applications received by May 31 are accepted, however priority is given to applications received during Open Enrollment (during the month of February, for priority consideration based on tiebreakers).
To Apply for EEU Preschool:
Step 1: Enroll in Seattle Public Schools.
Step 2: Complete an EEU Preschool Choice Form to be eligible for open enrollment.
- EEU School Choice Amharic
- EEU School Choice Chinese
- EEU School Choice Somali
- EEU School Choice Spanish
- EEU School Choice Vietnamese
Please send the signed form to email@example.com.